Front load washers offer distinct advantages over their top load counterparts. Read about their benefits!
Front Load washers offer the following benefits:
- Use less water than top loaders which saves money on water and sewer costs.
- Higher extraction speeds which means clothes are not as wet at the end of the cycle.
- Larger basket. Some front loaders can accommodate a queen size comforter or duvet.
- Tiered pricing and customized wash cycles. In multi-family properties, front loaders can provide additional revenue opportunities for such thing as an extra rinse, additional agitation cycle, or even a hot water rinse.
While these benefits put front loaders in league of their own, these state-of-the-art machines do need a little TLC. In order to prevent leaks, and keep water in the wash basket, front loaders have a rubber seal between the wash basket and the door. Water and soap residue can build up under the seal, and over time lead to odors. If you have complaints about odors in your multi-family front load washers, don't worry. Odors are easily treated, and they can even be prevented.
Two popular methods for treating odors in front loaders are:
Use a retail product like Affresh Washer Cleaner. In order to prevent odors try leaving the washer door open after use. This will allow any water left in the basket to evaporate, thus preventing odors from happening.
- Clean thoroughly under the front rubber seal with wet wipes or rag and disinfectant and then run a hot water wash cycle. Use a retail product like Affresh Washer Cleaner. In order to prevent odors try leaving the washer door open after use. This will allow any water left in the basket to evaporate, thus preventing odors from happening.
- Periodically run a cycle using a retail product like Affresh Washer Cleaner.
These simple steps will help you prevent and treat odors in front load washers.
Leasing commercial laundry equipment for your multi-housing property has many cost and time saving advantages, allowing you to focus on the different aspects of managing your property rather than having to concentrate so heavily on one.
Are you ready for a fresh, clean laundry room? Request a quote today.
Hundreds of laundromats and communities trust Aaxon Laundry Systems with all of their laundry room needs.
Written by Bill Brown